Fears Brunswick Platinum Blue Dial (Custom Pre-order)
Fears Brunswick Platinum Blue Dial (Custom Pre-order)
This is a pre-order. Fears Brunswick Platinum watches are individually custom-built to order. Watches ordered now will be delivered in approximately 4 to 6 months. Please contact us to confirm the latest delivery estimate.
The Precious Fears Watch
Hand built to order in Britain, with each watch taking four months to complete, and a maximum of four watches being made in a year, due to the extensive hand work required.
Graceful and complex, the curvaceous Brunswick Pt is a particularly exacting object to create. It takes its inspiration from a gentleman’s cushion case watch in the Fears archives, first made in 1924, which is then realised in the rarest and most noble of metals, Platinum.
The Brunswick Pt’s elegant 38mm cushion-shaped case is made from almost 100g of solid Platinum (950/1000 purity). Crafted in the traditional way, entirely from this noble silver-white metal, its creation is a process requiring great skill, and the graceful curves of each watch case take over 100 hours to shape and polish.
The case and the solid caseback each bear hallmarks from the London Assay Office, and, following a Fears tradition, these comprise the initials of the Managing Director when the watch was built, in this case: ‘NBS’ for our (4th) Managing Director, Nicholas Bowman-Scargill.
The Brunswick Pt is manually wound each day using a traditional ‘onion’-shaped winding crown, also made from solid Platinum, and into which is set a D-colour, flawless diamond, which on Fears watches signifies a case made entirely from precious metal.
Exclusive to the Brunswick Pt is a new dial colour, Anthracite Grey. Made in Germany, and involving over 58 separate production processes, the natural colour of a coating of real Anthracite combines with three surface finishes to result in a dial that changes in the light, giving a two-tone effect.
Each dial is hand finished and features a contemporary layout with alternating platinum plated numerals and D-colour, flawless diamonds. If preferred, the diamonds can be replaced with platinum plated dot indices.
An alternative colour for the dial is gorgeously multi-toned Fears Blue, as on the Brunswick Blue, except with platinum plated numerals and diamonds or platinum plated indices.
The Brunswick Pt’s hands follow the same distinctive Fears shape used on other models but are represented in solid rather than skeletonized form. Each hand is first water cut from a sheet of Platinum before being bevelled by hand.
Finishing takes a whole day for each individual hand, with a contrasting polished and frosted finish on either side of the bevel, increasing legibility. The cap that adorns the centre of the hands is turned from solid Platinum.
Each watch we make carries a unique serial number. Engraved between the 20mm lugs at 12 o’clock, this number helps us identify your watch and its history.
ENGRAVED PERSONAL TO YOU
Fears offers an engraving service whereby a watch can be made personal to its new owner. We work with one of the UK's leading engravers who can hand-engrave initials, a date, or a special verse on your watch. Please contact us here to discuss how we can make your watch extra special.
BUILT FOR YOU
Due to the complexity and extensive hand work required to build the Brunswick Pt, it is a limited production model, with a maximum of four being built in a year, each of which is built specially to order. Please allow four months for your watch to be built.
- Case: 950 Platinum. Polished finished. Screwed on solid case back. Polished 950 Platinum 'onion' shape crown, set with a D-colour, flawless diamond. 38mm x 38mm, 42mm lug-to-lug, 20mm lug width (depth 12.12mm to top of domed sapphire glass). Made in the UK & hallmarked by the London Assay Office with the Fears hallmark
- Movement: Top-grade ETA 7001 manual winding mechanical, modified with new bridge shape, linear graining and plated in Platinum. Made in Switzerland. Finishing in the UK
- Glass: Sapphire Crystal with ARdur® Swiss anti-reflective coating on inside and outside. Crystals made in Hong Kong, Anti-reflective coating applied in Switzerland
- Fears Blue Diamond Dial: Galvanic colour. Sunken subsidiary seconds counter at 6 o’clock with vertical brushing (by hand) to outer ring and matte finish to the centre & index ring. Two colour printing. Polished and Platinum-plated hand-applied alternate Arabic numerals and D-colour, flawless Diamonds. Made in Germany
- Hands: Water cut from 950 Platinum, bevelled and then finished with both polished and frosted surfaces by hand. Made in UK
- Functions: Time with subsidiary seconds at 6 o’clock
- Strap: Kevlar Black. Made from Kevlar® with contrasting platinum coloured stitching and Fears Blue Alcantara® lining. Kevlar® made in Switzerland. Alcantara® made in Italy. Strap hand sewn in Belgium
- Buckle: 950 Platinum pin buckle, shaped to mirror the Brunswick case shape. Made in the UK & hallmarked by the London Assay Office with the Fears hallmark
- Warranty: 2 Year guarantee from date of purchase. (Collective Shop is an authorized retailer for Fears. All Fears watches sold by Collective Shop are fully warranteed by Fears)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Collective Shop is an authorized retailer of all new watches we sell. Please review all shop policies for new watches here before purchase. If you have questions about the details of this or any watch, feel free to contact us prior to purchase at email@example.com.