J.N. Shapiro Infinity Series P.01 for Collective
A Study in Meteorite
Committed to the arcane art of engine turned dials, Josh Shapiro is a bold outlier in the ultra-traditional world of haute horology. But his collaboration with Collective achieves something never seen even in the modern era of innovative artisan timepieces: engine-turning an intricate pattern into a dial made from a 4 billion year-old meteorite.
The P.01 builds on Josh’s signature Infinity Series, which is characterized by an ornate engine-turned dial pattern and powered by an in-house manufactured calibre from Uhren Werke Dresden (UWD). This movement, along with the watch it is cased in are both assembled, finished, and regulated in Shapiro’s Los Angeles atelier. Each dial, along with its accompanying hands and serial plate, are all made in-house by Shapiro – a process which in totality requires thousands of machine operations and hundreds of hours.
- Handmade, engine-turned meteorite dial with signature J.N. Shapiro “Infinity Weave” pattern
- 40mm cases available in stainless steel, rose gold or white gold
- Hand-painted chapter ring with custom typeface
- Individually heat-blued steel hands
- Hand-engraved owner nameplate on the dial
- Powered by hand-wound Uhren Werke Dresden movement (manual-wound, 19-jewels, 3Hz, 54 hour reserve)
- Each dial is produced in Los Angeles, California
- Over 150 hours to produce one dial