Terms of service
Yep, this is the boring stuff. But it's hopefully helpful, clear, and transparent too. Below you'll find information on key questions and policies, like refunds, payment methods, and what to expect once you place an order.
Our business, Collective Horology LLC, is referred to below as "Collective" and "Collective Shop."
For any other questions, wire instructions, or help sourcing a pre-owned Collective watch not currently in stock, email email@example.com.
REFUND POLICY: PRE-ORDERS (WATCHES & RINGS)
Because pre-order watches and rings are limited edition, high-cost goods for which deposits are necessary for production, pre-order deposits are non-refundable and not transferable.
REFUND AND RETURN POLICIES: NEW WATCHES & ACCESSORIES
Requests for refunds on orders of new watches or accessories prior to shipping will be refunded minus credit card fees, which can range from approximately 3.5 to 5% or more based on your order total, card provider, issuing bank and/or country of issuance. Collective Shop has sole discretion to determine the applicable credit card fees to be withheld. Once orders are shipped, new watches and accessories are subject to the return policy below.
New stock and standard-production watches in original, unworn condition may be returned within seven days of receipt for a full refund to the original payment method.
Please note: pre-order, special-order, customized and limited-production orders, including Collective collaborative watches, are not eligible for return.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased, you’ll receive a Collective Shop gift credit for the value of your return.
- Watches must be unused, unworn, and in the same condition that you received it
- Returned watches must include all original packaging, with all stickers, hang tags, and any other accessories in place and intact
- Any attempt to modify the watch – such as removing protective stickers, adjusting the strap or bracelet size/fit, or removing the strap or bracelet – will make it ineligible for return
- Likewise, custom orders are not eligible for return
- Returns require an original Collective Shop receipt, invoice, or proof of purchase
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for lost, stolen or damaged packages marked delivered by our shipping provider (i.e., FedEx, UPS, or other providers)
- Return shipping costs and labels are the customer’s responsibility. Collective Shop will not refund or credit shipping costs
- Returned watches must be sent via trackable express delivery (i.e., FedEx, UPS or DHL), and we recommend insuring your shipment
- Collective Shop will not be responsible for any returns which are lost, stolen or damaged during shipping
- Collective Shop will not be responsible for any customs duties for watches shipped outside the US. Any previously-incurred customs fees and/or taxes are non-refundable via Collective Shop, and are the responsibility of the customer to pursue with their local authorities
- International customers who return an item will have any customs duties associated with their return deducted from their refund or credit
- Collective Shop will not be responsible in the event a customer fails or is unable to pay import duties, VAT, or any other taxes, duties or fees owed for any reason. If a package is delayed or abandoned due to unpaid import duties, VAT, or any other taxes, duties or fees owed, Collective Shop will not refund the customer
- Collective Shop must authorize all returns. Any watches returned without our authorization will be ineligible for a refund or credit
- Collective Shop must receive returned merchandise at our facility within seven days after a return is authorized
Once your return is received and inspected, we will notify you by email and issue a refund to the original payment method. Gifts will receive a gift credit. Your issuing bank may take four to six business days to apply the credit to your account.
To start a new watch return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
RETURN POLICY: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED WATCHES
All Collective Certified Pre-owned watches are inspected before sale for condition and to verify that the watch is in good working order. Condition grades here. All sales are final. Certified Pre-owned watches purchased from the Collective Shop are sold-as is and are not eligible for returns. If you have questions about the details or condition of this or any watch, feel free to contact us prior to purchase at email@example.com. We cannot refund and reverse a sale due to questions after purchase.
Requests for refunds on pre-owned watches prior to shipping will be refunded minus credit card fees, which can range from approximately 3.5 to 5% or more based on your order total, card provider, issuing bank and/or country of issuance. Collective Shop has sole discretion to determine the applicable credit card fees to be withheld. Once orders are shipped, pre-owned watches are not eligible for refunds or returns.
WARRANTIES: NEW WATCHES
Collective Shop is an authorized retailer of all new watches we sell. All new watches sold by Collective Shop include a manufacturer's warranty. Warranty periods and terms vary by manufacturer. Collective Horology and Collective Shop do not provide our own warranty for new watches.
WARRANTIES: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED WATCHES
Certified Pre-owned watches may be covered by a manufacturer's warranty, if still within the manufacturer's original warranty period and terms. Warranty periods and terms vary by manufacturer. Collective Horology and Collective Shop do not provide our own warranty for Certified Pre-owned watches.
For questions about your watch's warranty coverage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collective Shop accepts major credit cards, including payment via Shop Pay, Apple Pay and other credit card payment platforms. All payments must pass fraud review in order for orders to be approved, processed and shipped. (See FRAUD REVIEW below for details.) Collective and NoFraud (our fraud review provider) reserve the right to decline orders for any reason.
Additionally, Collective Shop accepts payment via bank wire. Other transfer methods, including ACH, are not accepted. Payments made by ACH or transfer methods other than bank wires will be returned to the sender less applicable fees (to be determined by Collective), and those orders will be canceled.
Collective Shop ships business days (i.e., Monday through Friday except for holidays in California and the United States). All watches ship once fraud review (see next section) is complete.
SHIPPING ADDRESS & DELIVERY LOCATIONS
To ensure your package is secure, Collective Shop, our shipping providers or insurers may require your package be shipped to and held at a FedEx or UPS-staffed shipping center or retail location.
All payments must clear and must be approved by our fraud detection system before they can be shipped. While fraud reviews usually clear within hours, the process can take up to three business days.
NoFraud is our fraud prevention provider. They screen transactions on our behalf and alert us if they find a transaction is at high risk for fraud. This protects buyers against unauthorized credit card use and protects us against fraudulent charges.
If you receive an email from NoFraud, your transaction may have had irregular shopping characteristics and/or elevated risk. NoFraud wants to confirm the transaction was made by the authorized cardholder. After you confirm the transaction there is nothing else you need to do unless you have been asked by a fraud analyst to provide additional information. In most cases, as soon as your response is received, your order will be released for processing.
NoFraud will never ask you for your full credit card number, social security number or any other personal information.
Collective and NoFraud reserve the right to deny sale or cancel any order for any reason.
SHIPPING CUT-OFF TIMES
Assuming they pass fraud review within two hours, orders placed by 12pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday will generally ship the same day. However, since the fraud review process can sometimes take longer, orders are guaranteed to ship within one business day following approval of the fraud detection system and payment clearance.
SHIPPING PROVIDERS, INSURANCE & LIABILITY
We typically ship FedEx Express or UPS, but we may use an alternate provider if circumstances require. All shipments are insured via Parcel Pro or IFS Inforsure.
Collective Shop, our shipping providers or insurers will not be responsible responsible for packages once marked as delivered by a shipping provider (i.e., FedEx, UPS, or other providers).
Customers outside the U.S. are responsible for all import duties. Additionally, Collective Shop will not be responsible in the event a customer fails or is unable to pay import duties, VAT, or any other taxes, duties or fees owed for any reason. If a package is delayed or abandoned due to unpaid import duties, VAT, or any other taxes, duties or fees owed, Collective Shop will not refund the customer.
Collective Shop declares all international orders for their full value.