Fears Brunswick 40 Opaline White Dial
Fears Brunswick 40 Opaline White Dial
The Sportier Fears Watch
Hand build in Britain. Graceful and complex, the curvaceous Brunswick 40 takes its inspiration from a gentleman’s cushion case watch in the Fears archives, first made in 1924. This sportier iteration of the Brunswick is the perfect all-round watch, taking you from Beach to Boardroom with ease.
The Brunswick 40’s elegant yet sporty 40mm cushion-shaped case has no flat surfaces. The case’s glancing curves are machined from 316L stainless steel in Germany, to a level usually reserved for precious metals. The depth of the polish belies the sophistication of the machinery and the skill of the operator along with the hand grained finish applied to the top of the case’s corners.
Built with uprated proportions, the Brunswick 40 is 100m water resistant, allowing it to be submerged in water when the crown is pushed all the way in.
Complementing the case is a traditional ‘onion’-shaped winding crown. Made in Switzerland, the crown’s grooves catch the light, adding a touch of radiance to the edge of the case.
The Brunswick 40 Silver features an Opaline Silver dial with a bright finish created using a coating of 99.9% pure silver. Expertly made in Germany, the surface of the dial is on two levels, each with its own distinct finish:
Centre lower section – Finished with micro-guilloche. Concentric rings are cut into the dial’s surface using a CNC machine. These delicate ‘rills’ are so fine, like a records groove, that they appear invisible to the naked eye yet catch the light giving a beautiful subtle sunburst finish.
Outer raised section - A genuine Opaline finish using a traditional method of polishing with straw that results in a bright frosted effect, which the numerals are hand riveted to.
The ‘Edwin’ numerals are milled from a block of brass before being diamond polished and then coated in black gold, giving them a warm, grey/black appearance. These numerals are realised in our custom ‘Edwin’ typeface, specially designed for Fears by our horological typographer and inspired by the many different typefaces the company has used throughout its history.
- Case 316L Stainless Steel, 40mm x 40mm cushion-shaped (depth 11.06mm to top of domed sapphire glass). Closed caseback. Made in Germany.
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Movement: Top-grade ETA 2824-2, automatic winding, 25 jewels, 28,800vph (4Hz) and 40 hr power reserve. Date mechanism removed and 2-position click fitted. Finished with Côtes de Genève and blued screws. Custom decorated rotor featuring the ‘Bristol Flower’. Made in Switzerland.
- Glass: Sapphire Crystal with ARdur® Swiss anti-reflective coating on inside and outside. Crystals made in Hong Kong, Anti-reflective coating applied in Switzerland
- Dial: Opaline Silver in pure silver plate. Opaline finish to surface, with sunken central section featuring fine CNC milled concentric guilloché pattern. Two colour printing. CNC milled and diamond polished ‘Edwin’ Arabic numerals, coated in Black Gold and hand applied.
- Hands: ‘Fears’ hands – solid, beveled, diamond polished. Black Gold plated with red painted seconds hand.
- Functions: Time with central seconds.
- Bracelet: 5-link bracelet in stainless steel, dual finishing with polished and brushed elements. Butterfly clasp. Easy-release spring bars. Made in Hong Kong.
- Warranty: 2 Year guarantee from date of purchase. (Collective Shop is an authorized retailer of Fears watches. All Fears watches sold by Collective Shop are fully warranteed by Fears)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Collective Shop is an authorized retailer of all new watches we sell. Please review all shop policies for new watches here before purchase. If you have questions about the details of this or any watch, feel free to contact us prior to purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org.